Thursday, March 26, 2009

Who's treasure are you?

You don't always have to have everything in common with someone to be in love with them, as a matter of fact that adds element and diversity. Regardless of what a lot of people think, this enhances my relationships because there is always something new to learn. If you have everything in common, then it kinda takes away that element of surprise that most people enjoy. Yes I have to admit it can be fun to share total likes with a person, but then again how long will that last? I would rather have a challenge to work through and see where it takes me. I would rather face a challenge and see what I can learn, rather than to run when I see smoke. Many people think it is safer to find an altitude and stay there, and for me I like that too, but I feel better knowing I worked for it and earned it. Not every person you meet is going to be the one for you either. I have been there a few times, yet I manage to make it out safely and in tact. The chances of me not being able to maintain a relationship are slim because I keep an open mind, I also prefer to see the good in people not the negative. I look inside a person and form feelings, it doesn't matter so much what they look like on the outside, it's what they look like on the inside that matters more. you can see a persons intentions from the way they carry them self on the outside, and it sheds a light to what is carried on the inside.
Getting to know someone is a good thing, asking questions is also a good thing. Don't be afraid to ask questions, and for corn sake don't just accept a person based on what you think you know of them. Learning things about someone is good thing, you should try to learn your lover or whoever more and more each day, you tend to understand them better. I may not be very articulate or all that intelligent in your eyes, but remember one man's junk is another man's treasure.....

2 comments:

  1. remember one man's junk is another man's treasure.....
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a metaphor I kinda like.. cuz the best conversations i'm ever in seem to be while driving somewhere.

    In that position.. two people facing the same direction, seeing things slightly differently, seems to bring out a natural flow. And excellent conversations.

    If they were to face each other they'd block the way and not only would they get uncomfortable there'd be an accident at some point. Same if the passenger is sitting in the driver's lap. *ahem*

    I call this side by side conversation, a direct but oblique conversation. Its not confrontational, yet intimate. Next step is people have to take advantage of the opportunity it provides.

    Oh.. and don't play with the drivers junk while the car is in motion.. that's dangerous.

    ReplyDelete