Not everyone is going to see eye to eye, and not everyone is going to like each other. It's hard to make friends with someone who sees you as something you are not, and guided by thoughts of bitterness, fear, anger and jealousy. I let my heart be the judge, but I still give a good faith effort and try to get to know someone no matter what, if the person has good intentions it will show. I don't let bitterness guide me because I have seen too much traffic. I prefer to make friends with people who will not harm me or the people who I surround myself with. I have to admit, I have tried on many occasions to not make friends with someone at the behest of someone else so that they will feel better at ease, and that usually turns out to be for their own self interests not mine. Yet at some point, I start to see what it was they were fearing in this person, and it too scares me away as well.
The thing about people is, they always seem to think they have the answers without ever going and doing their homework first. We all tick to a different tune, we all have our own ways of copping, and we all have our own way of communicating. So why do people apply their way of thinking to someone elses thoughts, and assume they know what they meant, when in fact it is something altogether different, isn't this being arrogant, presumptuous and egotistical? I don't pretend to know people, it only gets me into trouble, I don't hide behind a veil, I am out there as I am, take it or leave it. But by all means don't assume you know things about me, or read something I may have written, apply your philosophies to it, and assume your conclusion is the correct one, this too is arrogance at it's best and egotistical.
If you want to think that what you have taken away from someone elses words as being wrong, that's your prerogative. If your conclusions happen to be incorrect then what? What give you the right to run around as town crier screaming the 'The red coats are coming", when you do not have all the facts. This causes harm yes, but to whom are you really causing harm too? To publicly inflict intentional harm on someone for whatever reason, whatever the motive, is showing others your wounds, and leaves you open to ridicule If you have not been selected to be in that position, then you may want to take a seat and ride out the storm. Are you the savior, the chosen one of mankind to go forth and warn the villager of impending disasters? Fear, anger, jealousy, helplessness, bitterness and defeat, all of the above are driving forces that need to be checked at the door when taking someone elses words and turning them inside out to see what message you can get out of it, and then going before the people and striking nerves with information that is incomplete. If you cannot find someone to talk to in the moment you need it, that does not give you the right to turn it public to get the attention you are seeking, nor will it get you the result you need. Who are you causing the real damage to here, think about it. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and know what you are talking about before you go forth and preach it. For you are not the mighty, and to judge is not your place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment